Have you been considering yoga classes? Attending a yoga class for the first time can create anxiety, so let me share some basic guidelines to help you get the most out of your yoga class. It’s a good idea to read through this list before you come to class for the first time.
- Choose a class that is appropriate to your level of experience. Spend a little time finding an instructor who is right for you.
- Come to class early to allow you sufficient time to settle yourself before class begins.
- Inform your instructor of any health concerns that may affect your practice such as recent injuries or chronic conditions before class begins.
- Yoga is best enjoyed in bare feet and on an empty stomach (2-3 hours after a large meal).
- Wear suitable yoga clothing. Consider comfort, confidence level and fashion when selecting yoga outfits. I highly recommend the yoga pants at Zalora.
- Get familiar with the equipment. There are a few things you’ll see in most every yoga set-up, aside from the yoga mat you’ll also use a yoga block and maybe even a yoga strap and yoga blanket. The block and blanket will make you comfortable doing different moves, helping to support your body, and the strap can allow you to stretch more deeply.
That’s it! Take note of these tips but most of all be sure to have fun, enjoy and relax. 🙂