After a long vacation because of Holy Week celebration i’m sure a lot of people like me are now facing the same situation- that is gaining weight. Probably right now you’re already thinking of how to loose weight naturally. Here are some simple ways to beat the effects of holiday overeating.
1. Drink water.People often mistake thirst for hunger, so next time you feel like noshing, reach for water first. It makes us feel full. Continue drinking as you eat to add volume and weight to your meal. Just water. Not those flavored, carbonated waters with artificial sweeteners!
2. Control calories and portion sizes. No more super duper buffets or triple bacon cheeseburgers with large fries and as shake! Hold to about 11 calories per pound of desired body weight and you’ll be fine.
3. Set realistic goals. One or two pounds a week maximum is doable. Top weight-loss programs advocate stopping after the first 10 pounds and maintaining that loss for about six months before trying to lose any more.
4. Up your protein (a little). Research suggests that protein prolongs the feeling of fullness better than carbohydrates or fats do. Studies in Scotland, Denmark, Sweden and England found that people who ate a high-protein breakfast or lunch were less hungry at their next meal. Protein also requires a few more calories to digest. Just don’t go overboard. Stick to low-fat protein sources like low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese, low-fat soy drinks or snacks, or thinly sliced turkey breast.
5. Exercise. Get off of your butt and do something physical. Take a walk, ride your bike, walk your dog, or hit the gym. You can’t expect results if you don’t exercise!
That’s it. Good luck!