Walking is one of the best exercise for most people, it requires no special equipment, it can be done anywhere, and can be equally enjoyable done alone or with a small group. Also it’s a recession proof exercise since it is free.
Even the most sedentary person can start a walking routine. Just start out walking 5 minutes a day, then each day increase your walk by a minute. Soon you’ll be walking 10-15 minutes. Remember every minute of walking can extend your life by 1.5 to 2 minutes!
Here are a few facts about walking to get you started:
- Walking an extra 20 minutes each day will burn off 7 pounds of body fat per year.
- Helps control your appetite
- Improves efficiency of your heart and lungs
- Helps relieve stress
- Increases your energy
- Slows aging
- Reduces levels of cholesterol in your blood
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Helps control and prevent diabetes
- Prevents colds by increasing your immunity
- Raises your metabolism so you are burning calories faster, even while you rest