It’s what the skinny buddies want. It enhances self esteem, not to mention helping one to stay healthy and keep in prime condition, but how to gain weight and muscle?
Many persons are underweight and for whom gaining weight is a struggle. It could be due to genetic factors that are affecting their body configuration. Even so, the combined benefits of weight training and nutrition can introduce body changes to a certain extent.
If you believe that hitting the gym several times week in, week out is the key to gaining weight, you may be right, but just as important as physical training, if not more so, is the role played by nutrition.
If you want to gain weight and muscle, you’ll need to eat a lot and train a lot.
You’ll also need the discipline to do these consistently.
Depending on the configuration of your base physique, you’ll probably want to take at least three major meals a day plus snacks. The important thing is to eat much more than you usually take. Empty a larger glass of milk or juice, switch to a bigger bowl of cereal, a larger serving of fruit. Eat dessert, lots of it, after meals. Eat food that provides more calories. Generous doses of fluids from juices and other beverages will be very good; as you certainly know.
But that’s only for the gaining weight part. For gaining muscle mass, you’d have to do the hard work of exercising and training in order for your body to transform all that nutrition into bulk.
As a starting point, try to add muscle mass and strength to your arms and legs. The basic movements to achieve this can include push-ups and lifting or pulling weights for inducing the growth of muscle.
The good thing is that, regular exercise will heighten your appetites, which, of course, will help you put on more weight rather than lose it. You won’t go wrong with low-fat, healthy body-building foods like meat and fish, nuts, beans, whole grains, vegetables and fruits. The key is to gain weight in a healthy way.
Because all this requires hard work and an equal dose of dedication, here are some tips to help you:
1. Have frequent meals, such as having three large meals and in-between snacks every day.
2. Eat larger portions.
3. Choose food that have higher calories.
4. Eat high-quality proteins from eggs, meat and fish and vegetables, fruits, milk and dairy products
5. Remember the keyword: Balanced diet, so take in the right amount of protein, carbohydrates and supplementary minerals and vitamins
6. Exercise with weight or resistance training to transform those extra calories into muscle. Simple free weight exercises like squats and dead lifts, including pull ups, bar dips and presses and barbell movements are the old reliables.
7. Be consistent. Skinny people may find that the road to gaining weight and muscle can take a long time, as many as a few months. Just focus tightly on your weight gain strategy and commit firmly to it.
Genetics may have given you a skinny body, but it has been proven in the past that an effective diet and proper physical training can help solve the problem of how to gain weight and muscle.
About the Author:
Walter has several years of muscle building experience and shares his knowledge on how to gain weight and muscle fast! Sign up to the FREE muscle-building-6-part-mini-course at www.build-muscle-fast-now.com and start building muscle fast!