Weight lifting is a very under-estimated way to lose weight. Most people believe that weight lifting is only for people who want to get stronger and for bodybuilders. That is why cardio exercises are considered the best way to lose weight, but in fact weight lifting in reality can be more effective, then cardio itself.
- First of all, people make a very big mistake right from the beginning, because they have a goal of losing weight, which is not very accurate. The real goal for everyone should be to lose fat and maintain muscle, because muscle is your best friend against fat.
- The really key and very important factor, that helps some people lose fat very quickly and seemingly easily, is because the person uses every opportunity to burn fat. Using a proper nutrition plan and cardio training program are very good, but if you also include, weight training to your exercise program, then you will dramatically increase the rate of fat loss.
- One of the main reasons why weight lifting and weight training are so essential for fat loss, is because weight lifting increases your lean body mass. The more lean body mass you have, the faster your metabolism gets and the more calories you burn at rest.
- For example a man weighing 215 pounds, while having 20% body fat has a basal metabolic rate of 2059 calories. If the same person while maintaining the same weight drops body fat to 10%, then the basal metabolic rate would be 2270 calories. That would be a 211 calorie difference.
- So as you can see the more lean body mass you have, the more calories your body burns. since there are 3500 calories in one pound of fat, then the extra 211 calories, would be the person would lose one pound of fat after every 17 days, just by increasing muscle mass.
Check out the top 5 Fat Loss Programs out there right now, in my opinion. All of them work very well, but people are different and what works for some, may not work for others. I am sure you will find the right one, that works for you. http://www.easyandfastfatloss.info